Good morning! Hope your Monday is off to a marvelous start! Whether mine is marvelous or not depends on what time Emme woke up this morning. 🙂 Yesterday it was 4:15am, so let’s hope today was better (this post was finished and scheduled on Sunday night, so I’ll have to report back later).
I’m linking up with Marvelous in My Monday over at Healthy Diva Eats. Head on over to read about how other bloggers are feeling marvelous in their Mondays. Or you can head to Instagram and search hashtag reallifemonday if that’s more what you’re feeling!
What is definitely marvelous about today is that we have a play date with good friends and other than that, no plans until evening when I teach Pilates. I’m also finally getting around to writing about the Liebster Award I was nominated for a while back, but never had the chance to post. It feels marvelous to get a bit caught up on blog posts I’ve been meaning to write!
So thank you, Brittney from Corral B, for nominating me for this award!
What is a Liebster Award anyway (thank you, Google!)? It’s an award for bloggers from other bloggers as a way to discover some newer or smaller blogs out there. As part of this award, I’m answering the following questions from Brittney:
1. What is your most-loved fitness gadget?
I don’t use any fitness gadgets, but for home workouts, my favorite piece of equipment is an exercise band.
2. What is your favorite store/brand for fitness clothes?
I love both Lululemon and Lucy. They are excellent-quality, fashionable clothing that I can feel good in.
3. Who is your biggest support system?
My husband, Doug for sure. He is always cheering me on, helping me squeeze a run in if I can’t get to the gym and encouraging me in my latest endeavors like blogging, becoming a Pilates instructor and my videos with Calio.
4. How do you relax after a race?
I have never run a race! I’m thinking of changing that soon, just for the experience.
5. What is your favorite post-workout snack?
Usually it’s about lunchtime when I’m done exercising, so that consists of leftovers or a sandwich or something. Yesterday I enjoyed sliced turkey and 1/2 an avocado on a green chile corn tortilla with a side of grapes and a kale salad.
6. What was your first race?
Again, I’ve never raced before!
7. What is your favorite distance to run?
I would say four miles. I can do three nice and easy, four feels like more of a workout and beyond that I just get bored.
8. What goal are you currently working on?
Becoming officially certified as a Pilates instructor. I’ve taking all the coursework and now it’s just about getting in all the teaching hours and testing out.
9. When did you start considering yourself a runner?
I still don’t consider myself a runner. I run as part of my workout mix and I enjoy getting out for a run, but it’s not really my main focus. I don’t believe in the phrase “If you run, you are a runner” like so many people say.
10. What are you most looking forward to this year?
Getting officially certified in Pilates! And also getting started on our house renovations. That will definitely provide some good blogging material!
Another part of this award is nominating 10 other bloggers and creating 10 questions for them to answer too. I apologize in advance if you’re not newer or smaller, it’s just not always the easiest to tell. They’re also not all fitness blogs, so take a look and you might find someone new to follow.
I nominate the following blogs for a Liebster Award (in no particular order):
Here are your questions:
1. How long ago did you begin your healthy lifestyle OR what is holding you back from making changes?
2. How has blogging impacted your world?
3. What is your favorite way to be active?
4. What is your favorite meal to cook?
5. At what time of day do you do your best blogging?
6. If you could choose a food to splurge on everyday, what would it be?
7. Are you athletic?
8. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
9. What is your current favorite workout song?
10. If you were a crayon what color would you be? 🙂
Thanks all for playing along!
Questions for everyone else reading:
Tell me…how is your Monday Marvelous?
What are some lesser-known blogs that you enjoy?